Our inert lubricants - inert, non flammable, non corrosive, low toxicity - these are the primary properties of our range of PCTFE oils and greases. Based on low molecular weight polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) - the product range has been developed to meet the needs of industry over the last 65 years. The chemical inertness of these PCTFE oils and fluids allows for their use in the safe handling of many aggressive and highly reactive chemicals like Oxygen, Chlorine and Sulphur Dioxide. In many applications our PCTFE oils are used to replace standard hydrocarbons which react with Chlorine to form sticky, black rubber like compounds which significantly reduce lubricity and make servicing components very difficult.
The full technical data can be downloaded here.
Some typical applications include :-
- Lubricants for Oxygen pumps and compressors, safe for use with LOX
- Lubricants for Chlorine, Chlorine Dioxide and Hydrogen peroxide valves and equipment
- Mechanical Seal Barrier Fluids
- Inert vacuum pumps oils for plasma etching and CVD
- Thread lubricants for Chlorine and Oxygen service
- Lubricants for specialist diving compressors for Oxygen gas mixture filling rigs
- Laboratory grease for stopcocks and glass joints
- Inert fill fluids for remote diaphragms of pressure gauges
- Lubricants for water treatment Chlorinators
The unique properties of these PCTFE oils support their extensive use as :-
- Inert process solvents
- Non flammable constant temperature bath fluids to eliminate the use of flammable fluids like Methanol and isoPentane
- Metal working and drawing fluids for Molybdenum, Tungsten, Tantalum, Niobium and other refractive metals to significantly improve cutting tool life and improve the surface finish
- Index matching fluids for glass joints in fibre optics
We have over 30 years of experience applying these fluids to the needs of individual customers, please email us via our contact page and we will endeavour to provide an immediate recommendation to suit your particular need.